photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

House Beautiful Color Personality Quiz

{A Colorful Vignette by Moises Esquenazi}


The September 2009 issue of House Beautiful is all about finding your color personality. On Monday, Things That Inspire completed the quiz in Last Words section of the magazine, posted her results, and invited other bloggers to do the same. I felt up for the challenge and compiled my answers along with some visuals to share with you. I am not sure which color is most dominant for me. It seems like I am a bit all over the place. A little pink here, some green there, with a big dash of black thrown in. That doesn't sound so good, does it? I think more than anything in both my wardrobe and my home, I tend to build upon neutral canvases with colorful accessories and that has shown through in "my color personality".




{Interior Design by Jen Dyer}

Q: What is the first color you see in the morning?

A: my grayish-taupe walls



{Image from Domino Magazine}


Q:What color are your eyes?

A: Green


{Interior Design by Michele Bonan}


Q: What color do you wear the most?

A: Black

{Image via This is Glamorous}


Q: What color do you never wear?

A: Red, except for accessories or shoes


{Interior Design by Ron Marvin}


Q: What do you color do you wear when you want to feel confident?

A: Black



{Interior Design by Todd Romano, Image via Habitually Chic}


Q: What color gets you the most compliments?
A: Various shades of green as well as earth tones


{Interior Design by Suzanne Kasler}


Q: What color is your lipstick?
A: A pinkish-nude shade


{Interior Design by Pimlico}


Q: What color was your living room growing up?
A: Beige


{Interior Design by Melissa Rufty}


Q: What color was your bedroom growing up?
A: Pink


{Interior Design by Mary McGee}

Q: What color are your sheets?
A: White


{Image via Domino Magazine}


Q: What color was favorite crayon as a child?
A: Pink


{Interior Design by Lisa Epley}

Q: What color is your car?
A: Black


{Interior Design by Austin Harrelson}

Q: What color was your prom dress?

A: Lilac

{Interior Design by Charlotte Crossland}

Q: What is your favorite flower?
A: Pink Peonies


{Image via Domino Magazine}
Q: What color makes you happiest?

A: Turquoise, Fuchsia, Yellow…they aren’t colors I frequently decorate with, but you can’t help but be in a good mood around vibrant colors.

{Interior Design by Tori Mellott}

Q: What color depresses you?

A: I love to wear black clothes, but I do find it very heavy in interiors. However, beige is as bland as it gets in my opinion. (Disclaimer: I absolutely love Tori Mellott's living room featured above. I do not find it the least bit bland!)

{Interior Design by Nate Berkus}

Q: What color calms you?

A: Shades of blue reminiscent of the ocean and rich colors like chocolate brown

{I adore Tori Spelling, but I am not a fan of her daughter's shockingly-bright nursery.}

Q: What color makes you grind your teeth?

A: No one color in particular, but I do have an aversion to anything that is s
uper bright or garish.



{Kitchen by Baden and Baden}

Q: What color would you like to try, but are scared to?


A: I wear lots of colors, so I am not sure. I would like to paint my kitchen cabinets white or grey, but am reluctant to because the little realtor in me doesn’t know how that will bode for resale value.


If you have a blog, I hope that you will take this fun quiz as well!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love, love, love the aqua blue color of the dresser in the very first photo. It's so stunning.

TERI REES WANG said...

Good answers..good answers...

Clap-clap-Clap-clap..

Waxy said...

What's a prom dress got to do with it? Just because I am misshapen I have a thing for red? hehe

Izabela Penido said...

I loved this quiz! Jen Dyer's room is wonderfull!
xoxo...
Your brazilian fan!

Yansy said...

This is a great quiz. I must take it now.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I read this quiz last evening & it's such fun to read your answers. Fabulous photos!

Things That Inspire said...

Great answers, and great pictures! I found it just as fun going through my images and finding representative examples of my color choices.

I read somewhere that if you have a color palette that you like for at least 5 years, it is probably the one you will use most of your life. But, I also think it is good to like a wide variety of colors and textures and variations, like you do...that is part of La Dolce Vita, isn't it?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm so jonesing for white kitchen cabinets too! How come you never wear red?

Unknown said...

I love the quiz and all of your answers. I find some of mine would be similar. Think I might take it too. Thanks! =)

Love + Cake said...

Fun questionnaire! And great photos...<3

Unknown said...

Kristin, red doesn't look all that great on me, though I do have a few red pieces in my closet. :)