photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, August 24, 2009

I heart Circa.

{Circa's Mokko Form Gourd Lamp in the Gorgeous Stairway of Cottage Living's 2008 Idea House}

It's no secret that I have been a long-time fan of Circa Lighting. I think their pieces are so gorgeous and timeless. They carry such a broad assortment of lighting designed by some of the most important designers working today such as Thomas O'Brien, Alexa Hampton, Barbara Barry, Clodagh, Eric Kohler, and Suzanne Kasler to name a few. They truly offer something for everyone and their lights send this lamp tramp's heart aflutter.

I was very excited to learn recently that Circa has joined the Facebook phenomenon and has created a Circa Lighting Fan Page. Oh Circa, how do I love thee? I won't take up so much of your time as to truly "count the ways", but I would like to bring back a glorious example. In my opinion, the 2008 Cottage Living Idea House served as an extraordinary showcase of Circa Lighting's beautiful designs. To be honest, I adore the entire house, particularly the Mexican flair in the main living areas. I think the overall design by Jackie Terrell is just brilliant. The gorgeous lighting is just the icing on the cake!


RA Single Arm Sconces and Moravian Stars grace this lovely hallway.

The AMAZING kitchen features the classic Short and Long School House Flush Mount Fixtures.


This dining room looks so original and lively to me.

I love the various colored subway tiles used in this home, especially the turquoise ones in this bathroom. Thomas O'Brien's classic Vendome Sconce is the perfect complement.

A punchy orange bathroom is home to Boston Functional Library Wall Light.

More Boston Functional Library Lights in the cheery Laundry Room

This beautiful bathroom features two of my favorites: the Double Twist Sconce and Terri Crystal Accent Lamp.

This corner of the kitchen features another Boston Functional Library Sconce along with a Boston Functional Single Pendant over the sink.

I love the colors and the detail in the cabinetry.

More Gorgeous Tile Work

The dining room features a pair of Large Classic Balustrade Lamps in Oak along with a very cool industrial piece that serves as a buffet.

I love the black cabinetry in this nook as well as the beautiful Selecta Desk Lamp which adds the perfect contrast.

Another of my favorites: The Longacre Floor Lamp, which is such a stunning, architectural design. Its lines remind me of the Chrysler Building.

I love the masculine look of this room. The rustic materials play so well against the dark walls. The Hudson Column Lamp is substantial enough to hold its own in this visually heavy room.

The Ziyi Pivoting Floor Lamp's streamlined shape works perfectly in this vignette.

You can't see them very well here, but the serene master bedroom features a pair of Hudson Floor Lamps.

The Studio Adjustable Floor Lamp and Ring Table Lamp make a statement in this guest bedroom.

If you love Circa Lighting as much as I do, be sure to join their Facebook Fan Page and follow them on Twitter. Also, stay tuned for their new blog which is set to début soon!

Images 1-9 via Circa Lighting
Images 10-19 via Apartment Therapy

18 comments:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

So much eye-candy I can hardly handle it!!!

LifestyleBohemia said...

So many amazing photos, where do I start?

I love the staircase in the first photo (is that tile?) I was trying to describe this tile look to my husband recently, so thanks for the visual.

I also love the colored subway tile - such a fun alternative to the classic white.

Averill said...

I love Circa Lighting -- so glad they have a shop set up in Houston! I just splurged on their Kate (greek key) table lamps for my master bedroom. Alas, they're on backorder but I can't wait til they arrive!

BECKY B. said...

All of these pics are so gorgeous. I just love them!

Verdigris Vie said...

A great gallery of beautiful lighting. One thing that really stands out is the pendant over the sink! Brilliant ! A kitchen, and especially the sink where you clean everything, needs really good lighting. A pendant makes so much sense there for me (terrible vision), and it looks really pretty .

Southern Aspirations said...

Such LOVELy examples! I am so fortunate to have an outlet in Atlanta, but haven't yet been!

###### said...

i love..very nice

Heidi Lyn said...

I'm crazy about the mosaic tile work (at least that's what it looks like) on the stairs! What a unique way to make a simple statement.

Anonymous said...

Paloma, I share your warm and fuzzies with you about Circa!! As I was the store manager of the Circa lighting in Houston. My first love was interior design and furniture, but after working with such beautiful lighting...I now see the light! lol
Lighting to me is thee most important part of design as it is the jewelry of any well design space! These are great examples of beautiful rooms with unique style they are the perfect home for Circa lighting fixtures!!
Kym Falco
Artfulspace Interiors

Angela at Giannetti Home: Design Online said...

Circa really is a fabulous go to source! I couldn't survive without them.

Angela

Patrice said...

This is fantastic.

Jen said...

Well anyone would love doing laundry in that cute laundry room! Makes me want to put some work into my basement laundry area and brighten it up! I also love the blue bathroom with the double sinks and the alcoved tub. So serene.

~ Jen

LindsB said...

love everything they carry- I have wanted a pair of the Boston Functional Library Sconce forever now- I think they are the kind of lighting that I can move from apartment to apartment and have them work anywhere.

Alicia B. Designs said...

Yikes those pictures were incredible. I'm such a closet lighting lover! Thanks.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Lovely pics! I esp like the first one..the stairs are gorgeous.

Hopeless Chest said...

love those colour pallettes!

How to Start a Small Business said...

You made the house so lovely. Each colors blends well. I know,, it's now easy to build a house but with the help o a loving family, it will be done.

How to Start a Small Business said...

I love black and so I love the black cabinetry. We visited a house before and all their furniture and appliances have a touch of color black which made the appliances look so elegant.