photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chic Shoppes

kate spade13
  This morning felt like Christmas. Now, I know Christmas is still a couple of weeks away, but I was so excited about the Winter issue of Lonny coming out today that I felt like a child anxious to open her gifts on Christmas morning. What would this beautiful package contain? So far, Lonny has not missed a step. The styling and photography are beautiful and inspiring, as are the interiors they have featured.
kate spade14
Two of my favorite features in this edition were the stories on Kate Spade’s flagship Fifth Avenue store and J.Crew’s Women’s store on the Upper East Side. The styling of both really resonated with me and proves how important visual merchandising can be for a brand.
kate spade12 The Kate Spade store sells a lifestyle, a personality. It is quirky, festive, and has a charming vintage, preppy vibe, like the clothes. The store’s décor illustrates these points perfectly. It’s fun and bold and makes you yearn for a piece of it.
kate spade10
kate spade9
kate spade8
kate spade7

kate spade6

kate spade5
kate spade4

kate spade3
kate spade
jcrew12
The Flagship J.Crew store on the Upper East Side of Manhattan opened its doors in September of 2008, it’s purpose: to house the limited edition Women’s Collection. Taking a cue from Creative Director, Jenna Lyons’ own home, the store is visually stunning. “She drew inspiration from old Manhattan, segued with today’s downtown influences.” The combination of reclaimed floors in a refined herringbone pattern, huge, gilded mirrors, vintage lighting fixtures, and abstract art is divine and sets the perfect stage for the collection. The space feels completely soothing and chic. It is an oasis from the hurried pace of New York.
jcrew10
jcrew11
jcrew8
jcrew9
jcrew7
jcrew6
jcrew5
jcrew4
jcrew3
jcrew
Personally, I love the design of both stores. My mood would most likely dictate which one appealed to me the most at any given moment. Does one of the stores appeal to you more than the other? Be sure to read the latest issue of Lonny for the full story on both of these gorgeous retail spaces.
Image Credit: Patrick Cline for Lonny Magazine

10 comments:

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

I'll take them. Both!

Lauren said...

love both of the designs of these stores too, so beautiful. i'm all about that j.crew women's shop!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love how they featured these 2 stores- two of my faves! Must get to them in NYC next time!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I could easily just move right into the J.Crew store!

vmichelle said...

ooh, another issue of Lonny?!? I have to check that out. Domino left a hole in my heart.

Unknown said...

so fab...makes me want to go shopping...again. lol

Jeabnne-Aelia said...

Both stores are so attracti=ve, as in attracting you in. It's such a pleasure to even just browse around. Tahnk you for the great post. Always a fan.

Haven and Home said...

I wrote a post just like this that is going up next week. (I write them ahead of time, I will have to send them here too!) Don't you love these stores? That wall in Kate Spade is AMAZING!

LindsB said...

Its like Christmas morning everytime I get one of my magazines in the mail...I'm so excited that Lonny adds to the list and doesnt take away from it- its my new favorite read!!

Unknown said...

I was just thinking how I must have a split personality because I am Kate Spade one day and J Crew the next. Then I saw this post and now I'm sure! I love both store's decor equally. What's a girl to do?