photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dream Home: Mark D. Sikes

Today’s “Dream Home” comes from the chic and fabulous, Mark D. Sikes. You may recognize his style from his real life dream house which was featured on the cover of the December / January 2012 issue of House Beautiful. Mark went the extra mile and crafted three stunning residences for us. He loves his real home so much and truly considers it his dream home, so he figured why not go a little over the top and post about a ranch house in Santa Barbara, a villa in the Dominican Republic, and a townhouse in London. We can all dream, right? Enjoy!

my dream home- well i'm already fortunate to have created my l.a. dream home, see here, however, like everyone i dream about other homes, the next home- the location or locations, the different styles, the design- the dream!

when paloma asked me to do a guest post on my dream home i couldn't narrow it down to one house, believe it or not this is not an easy exercise, but it was easy to come up with 3 dream homes- all in different locations, different styles, different designs- one dream! but as you will see there are common threads, my style is my style and what i love is what i love!

please indulge me, and thank you for doing so- there are a lot of pictures! welcome to my ranch in santa barbara, california, my very large villa in the dominican republic, last but not least, my very chic townhouse in london. all three what i love, all three a dream- my dream!

my ranch in santa barbara would be all about casual california living- mostly white, antiques sprinkled throughout, a great balance of traditional and modern, lot's of windows, lot's of moldings. and of course all with a guest house, pool house and stables! lot's of understated style and elegance- the california dream!

Foyer | Victoria Hagan

Living Room | Darryl Carter | ELLE DÉCOR

Living Room | Darryl Carter | ELLE DÉCOR

Dining Room | Victoria Hagan | ELLE DÉCOR

Entry to Library | Sils and Huniford

Library | Sils and Huniford

Study | Sils and Huniford

Kitchen | DARRYL CARTER | ELLE DÉCOR

Kitchen | Darryl Carter | ELLE DÉCOR

Family Room | Alexandra and Michael Miscynski | Veranda

Family Room | Alexandra and Michael Miscynski | Veranda

Hallway | Sils and Huniford

Master Bedroom | Michael S Smith | ELLE DÉCOR

Master Bedroom | Michael S Smith | ELLE DÉCOR

Master Bath | Miles Redd | ELLE DÉCOR

Guest Room | Michael S Smith

Guest Bath | Darryl Carter | ELLE DÉCOR

Guest House | Alexandra and Michael Misczynski | Town & Country

Guest House | Alexandra and Michael Misczynski | Town & Country

                Guest House | Alexandra and Michael Misczynski | Town & Country

my beach front vacation villa, very large villa, would be in the dominican republic- indoor outdoor living at it's finest! like the santa barbara home, the villa's on the property would be mostly white but more casual- slipcovers, wicker and rattan furniture scattered throughout, anglo indian antiques, lot's of hurricanes, blue and white ceramics! as you will see i love blue, what a perfect home for blue accents! blue water, blue skies, a blue dream!

Foyer | Bunny Williams

Living Room | Bunny Williams | Town & Country

Living Room | Bunny Williams | Town & Country

Porch | Bunny Williams | Town & Country

Porch | Bunny Williams | Town & Country

Dining Room | Bunny Williams

Study | Genevieve Faure | Architectural Digest

Study | Genevieve Faure | Architectural Digest

Powder Room | Michael S Smith

Kitchen | Genevieve Faure | Architectural Digest

Sunroom | Givenchy

Master Bedroom | Bunny Williams | Town & Country

Master Bedroom | Bunny Williams | Town & Country

Master Bath | Oscar de la Renta | Vogue

Master Bath | Oscar de la Renta | Vogue

Guest Room | Genevieve Faure | Architectural Digest

Guest Bath | Genevieve Faure | Architectural Digest

Pool House | Ralph Lauren | Vogue

Pool House | Ralph Lauren | Vogue

Pool House | India Hicks | Vogue

Pool House | Ralph Lauren | Vogue

 

 

lastly, my european getaway would be in london- one of my favorite cities! a townhouse in hyde park or notting hill would be a dream! more formal, more refined, more sophisticated, however still full of all the things i love! neutral with blue accents but the addition of black, rich browns and some print. lot's of antiques, gilt, chinoiserie, stone and moldings- rich in texture, layers and warmth-everyone has to dream!

Foyer | Markham Roberts | House & Garden

Living Room | Miles Redd | ELLE DÉCOR

Dining Room | Markham Roberts | House & Garden

Dining Room | Markham Roberts | House & Garden

Library | Jeffrey Bilhuber | Architectural Digest

Library | Jeffrey Bilhuber

Family Room | David Netto | Veranda

Family Room | David Netto | Veranda

Kitchen via Mark D. Sikes

Upstairs Landing | Michael S Smith | ELLE DÉCOR

Hallway | Michael S Smith | ELLE DÉCOR

Master Bedroom | Givenchy

Master Bath | Michael S Smith | ELLE DÉCOR

Master Bath| Michael S Smith | ELLE DÉCOR

Guest Room Hallway | Givenchy

Guest Room | Givenchy

Guest Room | Givenchy

16 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow! This is so dreamy indeed! I love the kitchen.. everything is unique and so fresh. Love this series!

Have a blessed day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

The Golden Girls said...

wow truly dream spaces!
xx,
The Golden Girls

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love the overall white aesthetic- and those double tubs in the bathroom! Great dream spaces!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

the white staples and heavy wood of your ranch home are sensational! I adore that look!

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

So yes, please sign me up for one of each as well...I do think the London home is calling my name the most out of all though, with all of those details, pure bliss! xx

style theories said...

Wow! This is my dream home too!

Minnie and Daisy said...

Very good taste! I recognized the first picture from a magazine - but I am not sure! Does it belong to someone famous? xoxo Minnie&Daisy

Casa Très Chic said...

Love every single detail in this pictures, fabulous rooms.
I didn´t want it to wnd.
Now, I´m gonna look all these beauties again and again and ...
Wish you a nice week.
Tereza

Neda said...

Mark's home and his dream homes are all breathtaking. This was such a gorgeous post!

DecoratorsBest said...

All the white in some of your pictures looks so beautiful and simple in a home. I was just browsing through some of the Decortex fabrics on our site today and they have some lovely white and off-white ones. Would love to put them in my home!

Unknown said...

Thanks for transporting me to another dreamy world! Your choices are magnificent, and just my taste!
Love the Dominican Republic home! and Bunny William's rooms!
Nancy
Powell Brower Home

Jalon Burton said...

Fantastic - Mark D. Sikes.. my hero! These spaces are to die for.... a dream come true in each pic! Thanks for sharing.

Inés said...

That kitchen via Mark D. Sikes...my favorite. Beautiful post and pics!
Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great pics:) I like your blog..so much good inspiration. I wish you a lovely week.
LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, Interiors said...

I adore this post...I also adore Mark.
I bow to all the Master's of design. Thank you and Mark for presented all these great photo's to admire. Miles Redd, made me laugh a bit...Using the most beautiful Zuber wallpaper. I laugh because 20 years ago My husband and I were buying a home in CT. We walk into a room where the wallpaper was in terrible condition. The owner said to me..."Oh I will have this wallpaper painted white..." I said, "No, No, I am a designer I will take care of it." Indeed, it was Zuber paper!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I just discovered your blog via Beclaire House, and am in love!
I'll definitely be following from now on... thanks for the gorgeous inspiration!
~ Wendi ~