photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, October 12, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 10.12.12

Nate Berkus via La Dolce Vita

{The Home of Brooke and Michael Hainey, Designed by Nate Berkus}

Nate Berkus has been one of my favorite interior designers for as long as I can remember. I’ve always identified with his beautiful, layered style and the fact that he feels that interiors should feel very personal has always resonated with me. According to Nate, every item in a person’s home should be a reflection of their personal passions and should reflect their history. If it doesn’t, then at the very least, you should absolutely love it. I was so thrilled to receive a signed,  advance copy of Nate’s new book, The Things That Matter from his publisher Random House. In his new book, Nate shares his personal history along with personal, stories about influential experiences and how these things have shaped him as a person and in the way he designs.

The style tome is filled with the stylish homes of people such as Fabiola Beracasa, Brian Sawyer, Chris Gardner, and even Dr. Ruth Westheimer. Each of these people have a personal relationship with Nate, further illustrating the theme of the book, The Things That Matter. I have selected one of my favorite spaces in the book as this week’s “Fabulous Room”. This chic living room belongs to Brooke and Michael Hainey and is part of their stylish New York apartment. Brooke is vice president of brand relations/fashion director for Gilt Groupe while Michael is an author, artist, and deputy editor of GQ—naturally, they are a stylish couple which is clearly reflected in their home. Their living room has great architectural features such as the windows and beams which are only made stronger by Nate’s beautiful selection of furnishings and accessories. He has created a thoughtful, neutral palette accented with rich colors and has employed the use of various textures to add further interest to the space. Nate has mixed pieces from various periods and has also mixed in some statement pieces like the peridot velvet sofa, the bold artwork, and the organic driftwood coffee table. Personally, I am in love with the chairs and bookshelf he selected for the room.

Nate Berkus via La Dolce Vita {This nook of the living room functions as an office space. I love the sleek lines of the bookshelf and desk as well as the fabulous chairs—the worn, saddle leather mid-century chair and the Louis chair upholstered in black patent leather.}

{The Things That Matter will be available for purchase on Tuesday, October 16th. You can pre-order your copy here. The book is filled with beautiful, never-before-seen spaces and inspiring stories. It’s definitely a must-have.}

What do you love most about this room? How do you incorporate personal touches into your home?

Have a wonderful weekend! I am off to High Point for Market this morning and will be there for the next week (fret not, plenty of fabulous posts will be published on LDV while I am away). If you’ll be in High Point, be sure to come by the Visual Comfort showroom in the C&D building to say hello!

 

6 comments:

Preciously Me said...

Love this green sofa!
And I agree with you, Nate Berkus is really a GREAT designer!
One of my favorite ♥

Sanity Fair said...

This room has Berkus written all over - really looking forward to his book! And his TARGET LINE.

Dawna Jones Design said...

I love that this room says so much about the people that live there,you want to know these people more and where the items came from and the stories of how they aquired them,in other words this room is unique to them!
That is so important in design,you incorporate what you love there are no rules!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Wendy said...

I love Nate Berkus and I'm really looking forward to his Target collection. I love the color scheme in this room but my favorite piece is the green velvet sofa.... just perfect!
Wendy-

Unknown said...

I incorporate my personal style with photos. I love having photos of my friends and family

Shasie of Live Life in Style

morocco tours said...

nice blog !!!